Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My mental health is SO much better without binge eating

Saturday, March 28, 2020

My mental health is SO much better without binge eating

Since I was 12, I've struggled with binge eating disorder on and off. These last three years have been particularly challenging for me, and about a month and a half ago now I decided that I would get better. Getting better to me looked like living a life without binge eating, and also like building healthy habits around food and exercise.

So, I downloaded a book called Brain Over Binge to help with the mental aspect of recovery, and then I started building a picture of how I wanted my eating and exercise to look like. Counting calories has always triggered me to binge, so this time I decided that I would no longer do it. I am, however, at an unhealthy BMI, and I don't feel good in my body the way it is now. Once upon a time I got wrapped up in the mentality of "you don't need to change yourself if you love yourself ", but not anymore. I'm changing myself because I love myself, and those two things can very much coexist. I've started doing 16:8 IF and I've reduced portion sizes. I try to eat mindfully (using chopsticks instead of a fork really helps with this??), and before I eat I ask myself: "do I really want this?" All of my meals are mostly vegetables, but there's always protein and usually carbs. For snacks, I'll eat fruit and/or veg.

As for exercise, I don't have much of a routine now that all the gyms are closed, but I try to move every day. Mostly, I've been going for long walks, the occasional run, and I've been doing hiit in my basement.

In the last month and a half, I have binged 3-4 times. The last time was a week and a half-ish ago, and that really felt like the last time. Earlier this year I was binging once every 2-3 days, so this is a major victory for me.

Recovery is slow, but it is so, so, so worth it. Today I felt truly confident for the first time in years. While I'm not exactly where I want to be with my body, I know now that I am on the right track. I can already feel my social anxiety decreasing (not that I'm being super social w anyone anyway atm), and I just overall feel happier. More than anything, i feel free.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Hopefully this gives inspiration to someone going through something similar (-:

submitted by /u/dirtbagbanana
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fqztz9/my_mental_health_is_so_much_better_without_binge/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...