Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Choosing to Step Off the Bandwagon

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Choosing to Step Off the Bandwagon

Hello, r/loseit! I was faced with a difficult choice last week; to count or not to count? I wanted to, believe me. I just hit a streak and felt motivated to continue. But my partner and I were heading to his family's cottage for spring break (don't ask why our spring break is in February lmao). This made me anxious. Would I buy groceries for the cottage? His mom would be there, would I lie to her or tell her the truth? I can't lie, I love his mom! But I also can't stand the questioning. What about restaurants? Do I have to live off of salad and grilled chicken with diet coke for dessert while everyone else has wine, pasta, and bread? What about when his mom cooks? HOW CAN I SAY NO TO HER CHICKEN PARM?!

Ultimately, I decided to let myself have a week to enjoy my vacation. I ate whatever I wanted, enjoyed cheesecake more than once, tried to be reasonable with portions and still get my veggies, etc. The scale went up four pounds but it was so worth it. And today? I started right where I left off. I am just so proud of myself for choosing to stop counting and having the strength to get back on. This is the hardest part for me and I have struggled over and over again over the past 2 years. I know many of you also feel the same way, so just know; it's possible. You can have that chardonnay. You are allowed to share an ice cream sundae with the love of your life while the sun sets on the river behind you. Take those moments and put them in your pocket; I promise, cake tastes so much sweeter when you only have it with the ones you love.

submitted by /u/DeepMess9
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fd7lwx/choosing_to_step_off_the_bandwagon/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...