Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Rapid weight gain due SSRI and no results from gym - feel heartbroken

Monday, January 4, 2021

Rapid weight gain due SSRI and no results from gym - feel heartbroken

22F, 168cm have been between 58-64kg consistently since I was 16. I've always had a good appetite and stayed fairly active like walking my dog and going to Orange Theory twice a week but not anything extreme. In November 2019 I started on SSRI antidepressant Zoloft and stayed on this medication until August 2020. I stopped because I was experiencing rapid weight gain, having gone from 64kg to 74 between January and August despite no significant changes in diet or exercise. In September I joined a gym and started strength training and incorporating cardio 2-3 times a week in an effort to manage my weight. However since September and now I have gained just under another 5 kg. This is really upsetting and disheartening since people usually see the most progress in their first weeks starting at a gym. Since coming off the medication I have continued gaining and now weigh 80kg, and gone from being a size 6-8 to a size 14-16 in a year. I've just changed up my exercise routine and plan to workout 4 times a week consistently but I am feeling like there is no point and this is just my new life. I have always had a healthy relationship with food and been aware of avoiding fad diets or tying worth to weight because I have close family/friends affected by eating disorders. But this extreme change is really affecting my mood and causing me to have panic attacks when seeing friends because I feel very unattractive. The GP said that it would take a while for the effects of the medication to wear off but gave no definite time. Has anyone else experienced rapid weight gain as a response to SSRI's or have any advice for why I am not seeing any results?

submitted by /u/Cheap_Conversation40
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/kq44k4/rapid_weight_gain_due_ssri_and_no_results_from/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...