Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to deal with micro managers?

Saturday, January 2, 2021

How to deal with micro managers?

Sorry for long post, but context!

So, I’ve always been a bit heavier, especially for my height, and during lockdown earlier this year, I definitely piled on a few pounds. At the end of August, I got on the scales and realised I needed to cut back, so I started working out pretty much daily and cutting back on calories/watching what I eat etc. I’ve lost 32lbs since then and have about 17lbs to go to my initial ‘goal’.

I took a few days off for Christmas to enjoy myself, but started working out again from Boxing Day - eating kinda unhealthily at that point because it’s the festive period and I knew with the exercising I wouldn’t put on more than a couple of pounds if that even if I was enjoying myself. Getting back into it fully now and it’s hard but I just have to look at my own progress to know it’s worth it!

Anyway - my parents have always made comments about my weight. A lot of the time it’s ‘jokey’, and they’re both fairly overweight and unhealthy themselves - with my mother especially, I think part of her behaviour towards me is her not wanting me to end up like her in terms of health and weight, if that makes sense.. so I do kinda see where she’s coming from, but it’s also so frustrating to hear the same comments about my ‘huge ass’ weekly (I’m bottom heavy and I’m never going to have a thigh gap and a tight butt, it is what it is lol). But I can handle it because they’ve cut back lately due to the fact that I’ve been trying so hard and actually have lost weight and they can see it.

My main issue currently is them micro managing my diet? Again, their comments are 90% jokey, but it still rubs me the wrong way and I’ve said this to them multiple times. For example, they’ll comment on how much chocolate I’ve had (which annoys me even more because my dad will go through an entire share bar by himself but I digress) or just about how much food I’ve ‘put away’... they really wind up making me want to eat more just to prove a point (I won’t, I know, but that’s the way it makes me feel). Just wondering if anyone else has had people try to ‘micromanage’ their weight loss and how you dealt with it?

submitted by /u/elleferacorda
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/kpbgn3/how_to_deal_with_micro_managers/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...