Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: The unwanted but needed lesson of Covid-19

Thursday, November 26, 2020

The unwanted but needed lesson of Covid-19

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope your days were filled with family, friends, and food. Kind of a long post here, TLDR at the bottom.

On Monday I began feeling some symptoms of Covid and on Tuesday I received a positive test. My symptoms have primarily been a sore throat and cough. But as time has passed I have now effectively lost all sense of smell or taste, which has taught me a tough lesson.

Today was a lonely one, my family got together and had a great day... I was quarantined. My friends were all with there loved ones, so no one was online to game. It was just me at my computer desk.

So what did I turn to? Food. I went and got my typical "feel better" meal of a slice of gas station pizza, a king size Reese's and a fountain pop. Got home, sat at my desk flipped on a YouTube video like I have hundreds of times and was overcome with a sense of disappointment.

The food had no taste. There was no pleasure from the Reese's that I can normally expect. The savory pepperoni on the pizza was non existent. It was all just texture.

I then realized that at its roots that's what food is. Just texture and sustenance. But to me it has been a release, a pleasure, a euphoric sensation. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Maybe, just maybe Covid will help me win my battle with food.

Just needed to put this out into the world.

Much love everyone, have a great night.

TLDR: Lose of taste led to me realizing my true emotional attachment to food.

submitted by /u/Goof_tv
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k1rfhu/the_unwanted_but_needed_lesson_of_covid19/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...