Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV with clothing today!

Sunday, November 29, 2020

NSV with clothing today!

I (31F, 5’1, 170 > 148) had my first super big non scale victory today.

While pants are fitting better, they still aren’t too big. I did a clean out of my shirts and sweaters a month ago and even though a lot was on the baggy and frumpy side, it still didn’t feel like an amazing difference.

Tomorrow is a funeral for a great uncle. We had to get my husband’s suit pressed and so I decided to check on my dresses as well. What I have that’s appropriate and fits. The last funeral I went to, I used my go to black dress. It’s stretchy, so it fits always. No matter how big I got, it would work, even though the last time I wore it, it was a bit on the top right in the waist side. Which was such a bummer (and a kick in the ass to lose weight) because the waist and skirt are full and flowy.

So today I put it on, and it was too big. I have had this dress for 7 years. It fit well when I got it. I am now below where I was 7 years ago, and I can’t even believe it!

I tried on more dresses in my closet. I still don’t fit into the two super cute black ones I’ve been holding on to since my “skinny days”, but the dark navy one that was always a little tight but still looked good is workable, even though it is now loose all over.

After finding an appropriate dress for tomorrow, I started in in my other dresses. I am astonished, dresses I’ve never actually been able to properly fit (yay for optimistic shopping and being unable to throw pretty things away) are suddenly just fitting or a little too big! I am in awe. These dresses are slightly loose and still flattering! I didn’t realize loose clothing could look and not frumpy!

I have a long way to go — the goal is to fit into the dresses from the “skinny” days; and then for those to be slightly too big.

And I also had to move into my slightly tighter push up bras, because my normal t shirt bras are gaping. I just spent a fortune on smaller bras to try on, even though they were all half off.

It’s crazy, because when I look in the mirror, I don’t see a skinnier version of me. I see the same things — chubby belly that slightly overhangs, thick arms, double chin and poofy cheeks, and thick thighs. But it’s now physically different enough that dresses and tops are fitting differently!

Feels good to see something tangible.

submitted by /u/P00perSc00per89
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k3lhoj/nsv_with_clothing_today/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...