Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: New here and starting a journey for both me and my boyfriend!

Saturday, November 28, 2020

New here and starting a journey for both me and my boyfriend!

Hello! I'm new here and I've been trying to start a workout regimen for my boyfriend and I since we moved in together a year ago. A lot of family and personal tragedy derailed us and it's been hard to pick it back up.

But I've been kind of unhappy with my body for a long time but more so recently. I'm 5'3F and have been 95-98 pounds for a long time but that was due to an undiagnosed eating disorder, I used to starve myself when depressed that permanently shrank my appetite to this day. I also didn't eat much on my own during college before moving in with my boyfriend because I was SO busy.

Well my boyfriend is wonderful and makes sure I eat even when busy. We eat one major meal in the day and do snack at least once a day. We're never hungry and we eat decently.

I've also picked up yoga and vacuume exercises for my waist and I don't look much different besides my thighs and bum being thicker and firmer but my waist has gone up from 23 inches to 25 and I weighed myself the other day and I'm now somewhere between 117 and 120 pounds. Because of my previous body issues and body dysmorphia; this number really bugs me.

My boyfriend insists most of it is muscle especially because on our long casual walks I wear high heels and I did do yoga for months before I stopped. The number doesn't freak me out as much as it did when I first saw it but I would still like to lose about an inch and a half off my waist and maybe a few pounds with it; just to feel a little better about myself. I wouldn't mind some lean muscle either haha

My boyfriend has always had a negative attitude about his body, I think he looks cute and carries the weight well but I know he'd feel better about himself. He's around 5'8 and 220 ish pounds, a good chunk of that is muscle in his legs from years of freight work. He recently gained a bunch of muscle in his arms and chest from a new job, but most of it is gone because of quarantine. He felt really good about himself with the muscle and I want to encourage him to get it back as well as lose some of his tummy because he's not a fan of it.

Our plan right now is to work out at least 4 times a week for at least 25 to 30 minutes a day to start with. The work out times will get longer the more we work out. The time will be split between weights and cardio (and some yoga for me in there as well lol) I also plan to make some protein based snacks with whey protein and flax seeds in them to keep our calorie intake a little smaller and keep us fuller longer!

A personal goal of mine is to drink more water! I have a horrible time drinking fluids of any kind; even soda! I drink half a bottle or half a can for an entire day and I'm sure that's adding to the weight and the potential waist size. It's also better for me. We start Monday! I know it'll be difficult to start during the holiday season but if we can keep it up now; nothing can stop us!

Any advice or words of encouragement would be appreciated 🖤

submitted by /u/PhantxmAmbxr
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k32mup/new_here_and_starting_a_journey_for_both_me_and/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...