Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to get started/motivation

Sunday, November 29, 2020

How to get started/motivation

6'2 39 SW: 330

Been reading this group today and I'm just not sure how to get out of my funk to sustain something. I'm the king of starting something. In the last year I've joined 3 different gyms (one was a boutique gym that went through my pantry even), done nutrisystem for 2 months, done protein shakes, gone on walks, tried whole 30, did a Mediterranean diet, went on some small diets with my wife, etc.

I've been a type 1 diabetic since I was 9 and I'll be 39 this year. Something clicked within me when I got freedom to do things on my own back when I was 17 or 18 and as I got paychecks fell in love with everything unhealthy. Fast food, candy bars, etc.

My blood sugars were extremely unhealthy until about 2 years ago when I was put on more concentrated insulin. I can manage my stupidity now when I eat badly, unfortunately. Don't know how long that it will, or I will last. I've lost feeling in my legs, started to lose circulation in my hands and my vision is starting to be affected.

I have to say I'm extremely lucky in so many aspects and have married and have 2 young kids. I KNOW I want to be around for them. I had my first uncontrollable low blood sugar the other day and my son couldn't wake me. Felt horrible.

The thing is I know I NEED to do something, but I'm having trouble WANTING to do something. I work damn hard and weight seems like the one thing I can't fix. I want results too fast maybe? I'm not disciplined?

I wonder if this group has any experience with a chronic starter but not a finisher and had suggestions. Or someone who self sabotages a ton. Or someone who may need a therapist to fix something to get started the right way.

Thank you to anyone who reads. Appreciate lurking on this group a ton.

submitted by /u/justhereforshits
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k3m6lo/how_to_get_startedmotivation/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...