Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My one year anniversary!

Saturday, November 28, 2020

My one year anniversary!

Last year around this time I (23F) internally snapped. I was so fed up at the fact that I was flirting with the overweight BMI marker, so I made the decision to get my life together.

The first few weeks were TOUGH. I was hungry all the time, and I was unknowingly wasting a lot of calories on bread. The day I learned about Sarah Lee bread was a very good day indeed!

By the spring, I'd lost ~20lbs which put me lower in the healthy BMI range (120lbs at 5'4"), but left me with enough leeway that I could have normal weight fluctuations and still be healthy, so I entered maintenance. I weened off CICO, completed C25K to help get over my fear of running and to maintain my fitness through Covid, and was overall really enjoying my health. I weigh myself about once a month now just to check in, but the scale has yet to move.

The year has had its ups and downs. The weather's a lot colder now so I've stopped running. Thankfully my new job is very active so I'm not worried about gaining weight, and have just recently started looking to do more strength-based workouts at home because I want to be strong. Overall I feel great, and I'm starting to have moments where I'm eating a dessert and realize I don't actually want to finish it, and will willingly put it away to eat the next day. I've never had that happen to me before this, it's insane!

I just wanted to give a huge shoutout to this sub. On an old account, I was following this sub for several months before I took the leap myself. I can honestly say that hearing all your stories gave me that final push I needed to start living my life in a healthy and sustainable way. Although I'm not one of those inspirational stories where I lost hundreds of pounds, I was honestly headed to a very bad place and needed to change.

So thank you, and good luck to all those who are in their journeys now! And for any lurkers out there, you may not be ready yet but when you are you'll know, and yes you absolutely can succeed.

submitted by /u/secret-tunnellll
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k2y9yb/my_one_year_anniversary/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...