Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I hit my goal weight in summer. Now I binge multiple times a week, often over 5k cals, and I don't know how to stop. I'm no longer hungry all the time, it feels like a habit now

Saturday, November 28, 2020

I hit my goal weight in summer. Now I binge multiple times a week, often over 5k cals, and I don't know how to stop. I'm no longer hungry all the time, it feels like a habit now

I properly started my weight loss journey when quarantine started in March. I never had too much weight to lose (counting my blessings), about 15 pounds. I'm 21F, 5'3, 144 HW, 137 SW, 120 GW. Don't know where I stand currently as I don't want to see the scale, but it was 130 a month ago.

I was aiming for about 124 lbs, but I hit 120 lbs over summer by eating 1500 for several months. I was pretty active, but as a short female, I didn't think my calories were too low, I thought I just have to endure the hunger, that it was part of it. I should have seen losing my period as a warning sign. My energy was depleted and I was plagued by thoughts of food 24/7.

The binges became more frequent and worse as time went on. In the month of October, I gave up on counting calories because it was stressing me out, and did the Whole 30 for a month to reset my relationship with food. Not having to count calories was liberating, but I still binged nonetheless - on W30 compliant foods (which is a feat in itself considering W30 bans all sugar, sweeteners, grains, dairy, alcohol, junk foods substitutions etc. Didn't think I could casually put down a pound of nuts but here we are).

At this point, I just don't know how to proceed. I have visibly gained weight. Yess, I work out and a portion of that is muscle, but I have gained a lot of fat as well. I can feel my life becoming more dysfunctional. I don't know how to dig myself out of this hole. I feel like it's become a habit. I binge out of habit. Even if I'm not hungry, I don't even feel the cravings for the sugar anymore. When I think I could stop a binge in its tracks because I don't actually even want the food, I just go for more food anyway.

I guess what I'm looking for with this post is your stories - if you did manage to deal with your binging, I'd love to hear how. If you're struggling, you can share that here as well. I always found it comforting to know I was not alone.

Thanks for reading and all the best on your journey.

submitted by /u/Luminis_The_Cat
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k2ycc1/i_hit_my_goal_weight_in_summer_now_i_binge/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...