Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Don't hate yourself for eating that bag of chips or that slice of cake!

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Don't hate yourself for eating that bag of chips or that slice of cake!

I want to share something I've found interesting from my weight loss experience. About two years ago, I was 10lbs from my goal weight, but during my final semester of undergrad, I put on 15 lbs. Since then, I've started my master's, and I'm about to finish my first semester. I'm not good at cooking, so I resort to snacks or fast food. I'm also a huge stress eater, and I'm picky about the food I stress eat. I love salty and spicy, and many times the healthy snacks are too sweet for me even if they aren't technically sweet snacks. Since I'm picky and I like crunchy, I resort to chips. Today I weighed myself, and I realized I lost 6 lbs in the last two months. I honestly thought I had gained weight and expected it to be around 160, but I'm at 151 at the end of the day. I usually weigh less in the morning, so I'm looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow. I might weigh more or less, but the point is I lost weight while eating junk.

I didn't make the post to share the weight loss but more to tell people that you can eat junk and lose weight. Don't recommend it but don't kick yourself for eating that bag of chips or for having a frosting-covered slice of cake. I've had it happen twice that I've lost weight eating junk food. The first time was when I took over my mom's housekeeping business one summer while recovering from surgery. I would be exhausted and didn't want to cook, and sometimes I'd be eating in-n-out 11 times a week. That month I lost 10 lbs, but it was because I was moving all the time. I wasn't sitting on my ass at home eating nothing but double-doubles and fries. This time, I have been sitting on my ass all the time because I now work almost full-time as a receptionist. I haven't made exercise a priority either, with school taking so much of my time, but I am aware that I am not doing anything. About a month ago, I was at my most stressed level. My face was feeling numb, and I was probably on the verge of a breakdown, so I turned to my comfort food. I probably ate 8 bags of Hot Cheetos in two weeks, along with other stuff I can't remember, but I know it wasn't healthy, but the whole time I knew it was a lot of calories I was eating. I started to skip breakfast because 1) I don't like it, and 2) if I eat breakfast, I tend to eat more during the day. I've been eating fewer calories than I burn just because I am aware that I've been eating high-calorie foods, and it makes me wonder how much weight I would've lost if I'd been paying more attention to what I was eating. I'm slowly trying to ween myself off the junk and add more fruits and homecooked meals to my diet.

The point of this post is CICO works and in my case, so does intermittent fasting. Don't eat what I eat, though. Eat healthily. Don't hate yourself for the occasional junk you eat.

submitted by /u/Meep1996
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k336ku/dont_hate_yourself_for_eating_that_bag_of_chips/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...