Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Figuring out how to kick the crash diets. Down 60lbs and taking my time doing it to make it last.

Monday, November 30, 2020

Figuring out how to kick the crash diets. Down 60lbs and taking my time doing it to make it last.

• I’ve done yo-yo diets my whole life

• I’ve done swings of 80 pounds before

• I’ve now been doing intermittent fasting for 32 weeks and I feel strong with my commitment and here’s what I’m doing:

• Now that I’m older and tired of the yo-yo I understand that long-term weight loss is not about following strict guidelines but legitimately building habits

• I got to 265lbs by years of building bad habits

• So what the 32 weeks have looked like for me is for the first three weeks I did nothing but fast 16:8

• I did not change my diet I did not track calories I did not do any crazy workouts

• Focused on building the one habit of fasting

• After three weeks I started Tracking my calories. With my fitness pal My username is IFwithRyan If you send me a request on there you can see what I eat every day

• At the three week mark I also started some light exercise mostly weightlifting. Three days a week

• Another reason I hadn’t changed my diet is it’s just too much takes too much will power

• And at about the six-week mark after I had been tracking calories consistently for three weeks, I started to try to hit a calorie target so I would know that I was in a deficit every day

• And I would say for probably about the last 23 weeks I’ve just been doing the same thing:

1) workouts 2 to 3 days a week

2) trying to hit about 2400 cal a day.

3) I’m not following any specific diet

• I still have fast food once a week sometimes twice a week

• But the biggest thing is…. I don’t feel mentally drained

• If I feel strong and want to add another healthy habit I can do that

• I would say in the last-few months I’ve easily had 20 days where I was eating more than 4000 cal a day

• But there are also days where after a cheat day in order to balance it out I’ll do like a 20 to 23 hour fast and only eat 12 to 1500 cal to balance it out for the week. And that keeps me mentally strong

• I don’t feel deprived

• So I would say if you’re just starting intermittent fasting do nothing else for the next three weeks but fast for 16 hours a day eat what you want when your time is up. Once you have a habit of fasting and it’s like second nature then start tracking your calories

• You will eventually have to track calories to lose weight but don’t try to do it all today

• And once you start tracking calories eat the same but track, so you know where you’re at

• Then start making adjustments. It’s going to take longer but if I were to tell you you can lose a half a pound to a pound a week for the next year and a half but then you’ll maintain that weight for the rest of your life, versus going crazy and losing 75 pounds in three months but then two years from now being right back where you are which would you do?

• Weight loss is much more about habit building than it is knowing the perfect way to do it

• Don’t get overwhelmed by taking on too much... will power is a limited resource

submitted by /u/Livin_Right
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k49u52/figuring_out_how_to_kick_the_crash_diets_down/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...