Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Committing to intentional weight loss after HAES

Monday, November 30, 2020

Committing to intentional weight loss after HAES

Hello!

I’ve browsed this community for a long time, just now joined and really feel like sharing to solidify what I’m doing - if I share it, I’ll have to keep doing it!

I’ve been overweight/obese for probably the last 6 years, steadily climbing higher. I struggled with some mildly disordered eating in the past, then got into a relationship that turned into marriage, and found HAES along the way. I thought it was the answer and I really clung to it for a long time. In the end, all that happened was that my spouse and I are both overweight and I’m now prediabetic. I thought HAES was healing me, but really I just began using food in a different disordered kind of way - primarily to quiet my anxiety.

I debated on and off if I should leave the HAES community and abandon the mindset. I tipped over the edge back to intentional weigh less once my spouse joined Noom secretly. I tried intermittently when using the Noom app and decided to abandon it and jump back onto MyFitnessPal and CICO. I’m now down about 13lbs from my highest weight around 285, and my next goal is to see 269 or below. I don’t know how much weight I’d like to lose, but I do know I’m not happy or healthy at this size, and I’m starting to experience significant limitations because of it. I’m so thankful to have my spouse joining me on this journey too.

Overall, I’m just relieved I took a step back from HAES but I’m sad it took me a 100+lb weight gain to get there. I don’t wish them ill, and I think there can be grains of truth in their philosophy, but I also believe it is deeply flawed.

So, please share your best tips, resources, and encouragement for me and my S.O.! I’m feeling a little down over a cheat meal tonight, but I am trying to remember it’s a marathon 😉. If you have any wisdom about breaking the habit of using food for comfort I’d love to hear it because that’s my biggest hurdle!

submitted by /u/BluebirdKindly
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k4b9f5/committing_to_intentional_weight_loss_after_haes/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...