Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Sometimes the negative thoughts really get to me

Friday, March 6, 2020

Sometimes the negative thoughts really get to me

Stats: female, 5'8", SW 170lbs, CW 153lbs, GW 136lbs.

I've kinda been stuck on a plateau for the past 6 months, only losing 5 pounds, and I'm definitely beating down on myself for it. For not trying harder, for giving into food cravings so easily, for not being more active.

But you know, I'm trying to not to judge myself. I tell myself it's still better than the trend of gaining weight that I was on. But then when I notice someone look me up and down, and up and diwn, and focus on my thighs and hips that I'm self conscious of, and that person then tells me maybe I should consider longer tops that reach to my thighs, that my normal tops just don't look good. And when that person is my own mother. It just kinda feels like I failed myself and I disappointed her all over again. And it feels like the 17 pounds I've already lost mean nothing. She didn't even talk about my weight, but still, in that moment, I felt like my failure to lose more weight was all that defined me.

I know my efforts, however small the effects, mean something. My energy levels and better mood and health tell me that what I've done means something. But sometimes the smallest things makes me feel like nothing matters and I'm gonna be unhappy with my body for the rest of my life :(

submitted by /u/hmcIh
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fencdx/sometimes_the_negative_thoughts_really_get_to_me/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...