Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to do CICO with developing disordered eating again?

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

How to do CICO with developing disordered eating again?

Hi everyone!!

I am getting back on the train of weight loss after being fearful of it for some time. I’ve been slightly overweight most of my adult life (I am 23F and am 5 lbs above a “normal” BMI but 15 lbs above where I feel and look my best). A few years ago, I decided I wanted to be skinny like I was in high school. I say “skinny” rather than “be fit” because at the time, that was my focus. I began running and tracking calories but it quickly took over my life.

I recently downloaded MyFitnessPal and I love it. I have been running and doing lots of walking as well. I do daily weigh-ins, but I have been doing that for years. However, I’ve noticed since downloading the calorie counting app, I continuously check it. For example, today I wanted a matcha drink, so I checked my app to see if I could “afford” it today calorie-wise, since I had already eaten other high-calorie foods today. I realize that in itself is not bad — that’s what the app is for, and I’m learning how to plan and budget for the occasional treat! — but it started to feel too similar to when I obsessively counted calories before.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or advice on how to track calories mindfully after experiencing disordered eating for some time?

Thanks so much in advance!

EDIT: title is supposed to say “without”. Oops. That changes the meaning of this post a bit.

submitted by /u/thatdoggirl
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fd40ws/how_to_do_cico_with_developing_disordered_eating/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...