Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: A small milestone (M28, 5'8, SW: 230 - CW:199.2 - GW: 170

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A small milestone (M28, 5'8, SW: 230 - CW:199.2 - GW: 170

First off, I want to thank this community for it's positivity. For me, it's helped me stay accountable just by having this sub show up on my homepage (between r/memes and r/aquariums).

I've been slowly working on changing my lifestyle for a little over a year. I lost 15 pounds in the first six months and (drum roll) I just hit a small milestone. I'm under 200 (199.2 to be exact!) For the first time since college, And I'm thrilled!

I lost motivation this Fall 2019, so I decided to have a "weight loss" resolution as I'm sure we've all tried (I had tried at least 3 times with the resolution motivation). One resolution is so big and cheating on it (which I'd inevitably do) feels like such a huge loss to motivation.

This time I tried something different - Every month I've picked a new thing to try and get better about. January: Don't eat out so much. This went swimmingly until about day 15 when I just HAD to get stoned and eat Cheeba Hut. Next day, though - I was right back to eating at home. I stayed pretty good, (saved a lot of money) and rediscovered my love for meatless chicken (the kind made from veggies -- seriously, they taste so real).

February: Go to the gym more. I mean... I was paying for the membership anyway -- why not see if I could put it to good use First week, I went once. But, the remaining weeks I made it 3 times a week. Eliptical: 30 mins Weights: 20 mins

March: Try not to drink any calories. Ya'll this one was gonna get me. I felt it day one. I love soda and I failed, DAY ONE (March 1st, those damn $1 McDonald's cokes). But days two, three, and four have been water only! I'm sure I'll miss my target again, but I'll just have to take another shot at it the next day.

I don't know what's in store yet for April, I guess I'll decide when I get there. But, it just seems less "final" when I miss a goal I set for myself two weeks prior. It's kept me on (better) track.

Thanks for reading fellow weightloss champ!

TLDR: I hit under 200 pounds for the first time since college! I make little weight related goals for myself every month and get back on the horse when I miss my target.

submitted by /u/Bloomeryu
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fdpt98/a_small_milestone_m28_58_sw_230_cw1992_gw_170/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...