Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Trying to lose weight for 30 years

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Trying to lose weight for 30 years

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. I've been dieting for 30 years now. I lose 30-50 lbs and then gain it back. I've tried everything. Atkins, WW, South Beach, Slim Fast, Soylent, Vegan, WFPB, High Carb, Low Carb, CICO, My Fitness Pal, etc. etc.

A few years back, I was depressed for awhile, and ended up getting to the lowest weight I've been in 20 years. I had zero appetite. Went on anti-depressants, and the appetite came back. Went to therapy. Feel good now, but my appetite is back to normal. Yay, I'm not depressed, but boo, I'm food crazy.

I think about food 24/7. I have read hundreds of books on this topic. Geneen Roth books, Brain over Binge, Atomic Habits, you name it, I've probably read it. Nothing seems to stick. I've tried talking to myself before/during a binge, but I'm just like "I don't care, I want to eat!" Then 30 minutes later, I'm depressed that I gave in.

Tips, advice, anything, please. I'm sick of being overweight. In a perfect world, I would need to lose 80 lbs to not be obese, but I would be happy with losing 50-60 and keeping it off forever. This has been my #1 goal for way too long. I'm sick of it.

submitted by /u/violaverona
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lc1o1x/trying_to_lose_weight_for_30_years/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...