Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Is there any way I’m not losing muscle?

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Is there any way I’m not losing muscle?

I’m 173 5 foot 11 male and I started 5 weeks ago at 189. I’ve been doing 1700 cals a day, running 3 miles every other day and doing abs + lifting (6 different workouts, 3 sets of each at 10-12 reps) the days between. I have been somewhat focused on macros, shooting for 30% carbs, 30% protein, and 40% fat although I usually end up with more protein. What leads me to asking this question is that although my BMI is now barely in the normal range, I still have a pouch in my stomach and my face still pretty fat. I also lost weight at a pretty fast rate (3.3 pounds per week) so these two factors lead me to believe I must be cannibalizing my muscles to some degree. If this is the case, what are ways of attenuating it besides increasing caloric intake, protein intake, or lifting more? Could fat intake play a role? Should I shoot for particular vitamins/minerals that may be known to help muscle growth? What about any supplements?

submitted by /u/rickky99
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/luy0kh/is_there_any_way_im_not_losing_muscle/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...