Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: SV: Today I returned to Onederland for the first time in over four years. The key was learning to respect myself.

Friday, February 26, 2021

SV: Today I returned to Onederland for the first time in over four years. The key was learning to respect myself.

I woke up this morning and finally saw the glorious number 199 on the scale. I can’t tell you how thrilled I was. It has been a really long, hard road to get here.

I’ve tried losing weight multiple times, for most of my life really. The difference between now and then is that I’m not trying to lose weight to be skinny, to gain the approval of my parents, to be more attractive to my husband, to stop feeling self conscious when I’m in public... but now I’m doing it because I know I can do it, and I want to feel confident and comfortable in public. I want to feel comfortable in clothes that aren’t baggy. I want to feel strong, athletic, and proud of the shape I’m in. I want to achieve a goal I am 100% capable of! This is literally the only goal in my life so far I haven’t achieved. I want to change that.

It’s only after years of therapy, starting an antidepressant, getting out of a toxic environment, and being married to an incredible, upbuilding husband who has loved me no matter my weight that I have slowly learned that berating myself doesn’t work. Respecting myself does. I’m on track to be at my goal by July. I would be so thrilled. Thanks to anyone who read this! I’m basically throwing myself a welcome home party for being back in Onederland ;)

ETA: I am using my Fitbit to calculate how many calories to eat a day. I am at the hard setting (1000 cal deficit), and am walking a minimum of 10,000 steps every single day, along with strength training roughly every other workout.

submitted by /u/sakuracha7
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lti4b4/sv_today_i_returned_to_onederland_for_the_first/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...