Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: The power of protein

Thursday, February 25, 2021

The power of protein

I know lack of protein was probably why I was skinny-fat for so long, but I didn’t know it helped to this extent. Like I’ve been eating way more than before, but making sure to get a lot of protein, mostly from chocolate milk because it’s cheap. I burn about 2000 calories a day, just from activity(mostly walking because I have no car). That’s not accounting for the calories burnt just to make your organs work, when resting, and all the pacing back and forth I do, so I have a lot of leeway even though I’m only like 5,7.

I’m eating more than I did, but my stomach is shrinking more while my arms are getting bigger. Another reason for this could be the water weight was sticking along because my body didn’t know whether it was starving or not and trying to be on the safe side. I’ve seen things online about that phenomenon.

I’m just making this post because I feel there’s not enough emphasis on protein when losing weight and it’s mostly about calories. If you’re trying to lose 50+ pounds CICO should be your main thing, but if you’re on your last 15 or so pounds, protein should be a bigger priority to avoid stuck being skinny fat.

submitted by /u/Drshoes8
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lspqsm/the_power_of_protein/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...