Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I've lost 15kg since September!

Sunday, February 28, 2021

I've lost 15kg since September!

Hey, I've been browsing the sub for a long time now and I just wanted to stop by to share my progress too the ones who helped inspire me! I have always been on the bigger side since I was young, and I have given a lot of half-assed attempts at losing weight. I have been on this journy since September and it has finally worked. As of this morning, I am in the "healthy" weight range.

Last year when I moved away from home and to start studying I made a breakthrough. For the first timein my life I'm buying everything I consume myself. I could simply cut out all the bad food in the store, so when I get hungry my only choice was healthy. At home there was always something tasty to eat, and as a result I found it really hard to stop myself from eating bad. I originally started losing weight with intermittent fasting, but as I started hitting the gym I found it to not be sustainable. So I decided to change it up and began tracking my calories, following my own CICO style diet. This included a lot of of protein to support my gains in the gym, and general low calorie foods that could keep me fed as long as possible.
When I started strength training at a local gym (I'm so thankful it is still open) and I found a new passion. Competing with myself trying to increase the weights and seeing my body change really motivated me to keep going and I found the urge to eat bad was leaving as it would prevent me from keeping up my progress. Nowadays I go 6 days every week, and I can't see myself ever quitting.

In terms of numbers, I am 190 cm tall, and I first weighed in at 104 kg in august, making my BMI 28,8. This morning I weighed 89 kg, which means my BMI is at 24,7. This means I'm officially in the "healthy" BMI range, and I'm super-proud. To track my dials I bought a smart scale some months after the beginning of my journey and I'm currently at around 19% body fat. (I know its probably quite a bit off, but it still stays relative to itself). I dont know what i was at when I first started, but I imagine it was quite a lot higher.

My progress pics:

Current side: https://imgur.com/spJgC5s
Current front: https://imgur.com/9XZ7k7T

old front: https://imgur.com/Z55vG9u

I'll also including some American conversion units for you guys:
old weight: 229 lbs
current weight: 196 lbs
height: 6"2

Moving forward I'm hoping to lose somewhere between 5-8 kg more and work on losing more of the fat and gain more muscle. I'll probably post a follow-up when I reach my next goal, but until then i hope this inspires you, and even if you just read it I'm thankful. I just got a big urge to share my progress with everyone here who helped me get motivated to start.

TLDR; You can change what you eat, before you even eat it and progress feels genuinely great!

submitted by /u/Sandlethief
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/luvzqr/ive_lost_15kg_since_september/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...