Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Need clarification about BMR and TDEE

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Need clarification about BMR and TDEE

Hello,

I am 42 year old male, 170 lbs and 5' 9". When I go to most BMR calculators on the web ( for eg. https://dailyburn.com/life/health/how-to-calculate-bmr/ ) I enter my activity level and usually I enter exercise 5 times a week. Based upon my activity level it gives me a TDEE of 2575 calories and a BMR of 1661 calories. So let's say I exercise 5 times a week and each time I burn 500 calories should I assume that in order to maintain weight that I will have to eat 1661 + 500 calories or 2575 + 500 calories. Does the TDEE calculator account that I will be burning an extra 900 calories through exercise or is it that because of exercise that my body will just burn much more calories just surviving? So for eg. if I don't exercise at all in week I will burn 1661 * 7 calories. On the other hand, I exercise 5 times a week and each time burn 500 calories then in a week I burn 2575 * 7 + 500 * 5 (500 calories in each of the 5 exercise sessions) or will I burn 1671 * 7 + 500 * 5 calories?

submitted by /u/salilsurendran
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ltjyw1/need_clarification_about_bmr_and_tdee/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...