Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Anger at my family for letting me get fat

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Anger at my family for letting me get fat

My entire family are obese, including me. I was raised to believe we have slow metabolisms and just eat a bit more than normal people, and that's why we're fat. Or curvy, as my mom would say. I didn't really eat at other people's houses when I was younger so I didn't notice our diet was truly different to others. School lunches looked similar to what we ate at home - a big bowl of pasta, maybe a fruit or yoghurt, and a big slice of chocolate cake with sauce. Every lunchtime.

After starting college I realised just how unhealthy we were. I couldn't believe how healthily the other students ate, and how small their portions were. And these are students, so definitely eating worse than they would with their parents around.

At home everyday we'd have a big breakfast, like a big bowl of cereal (the shock on my face when I found out what an actual serving size is) or multiple pieces of toast. Then lunch at school. For dinner usually a burger, loads of chips and a small portion of veg. Massive portion sizes. Snacks in between these meals would be choc bars, crisps, waffles, anything carbohydrates basically. We would easily be allowed 3/4 choc bars a day, and 3/4 crisp packets. Takeaways every weekend. Finishing portions meant for 2 adults to share on my own as a child. No wonder I've always been fat. Very little exercise either, parents couldn't bear to exercise and we weren't allowed out on our own.

I'm trying to clean my diet up now and improve, but all the bullying when I was younger, all the health problems, being terrified in sports, hiding away at the beach... All of these experiences wouldn't have happened had my parents taken care of our health. My blood pressure is higher than it should be, I'm pretty sure I'm prediabetic. And it's hard to diet because my brain is wired to want junk, having enjoyed it for so long

submitted by /u/howzartf
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lu9b9n/anger_at_my_family_for_letting_me_get_fat/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...