Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: From Nov 2019 to today: down 130 lbs & still a ways to go to my goal weight

Sunday, February 28, 2021

From Nov 2019 to today: down 130 lbs & still a ways to go to my goal weight

I am 33 years old, 6'4 & 360 lbs currently. Here's how I've reached this point so far.

Nov 2019 I was in a very bad state health wise. I couldn't walk to get my mail & back without gasping for air, I was constantly tired & in pain from what turned out to be gallstones. Before my gallbladder removal surgery I weighed 490 lbs the heaviest I have ever been. I decided after having recovered that I had to change things or I'd be dead sooner rather than later.

At first I mainly focused on being in a caloric deficit I tried many diets to meet this goal like keto. I landed on not restricting any food group just to eat while non processed foods. After I had lost 20 or so lbs by just doing that I began doing cardio by walking around my neighborhood little by little, it took quite sometime to build up my stamina I hit a bit of a plateau around oct 2020 at 430 lbs. At this point I decided to switch my primary care Dr & she recommended I try a injectable weightloss medicine Saxenda that helps you feel satiated sooner by mimicking a peptide that signals fullness to your brain. From there I also got serious about not keeping junk food & other foods I tended to binge eat in the house & the weight started to come off again at the rate of about 10 lbs a month.

Another thing I've done is started using myfitnesspal to track everything I eat & make sure it's mostly whole non processed foods. I have also as of two weeks ago introduce weight lifting to maintain/build muscle as not to lose much if any during my weight loss. I can now easily walk for 3 miles no problem when this time last year I couldn't walk across a parking lot without chugging for air. I've also been able to stop taking 2 of the 3 meds I was on for high blood pressure & am only taking 1/2 of the one I'm still on & no longer taking a water pill for swollen legs.

progress pictures

submitted by /u/EducationalResult106
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lv1hyk/from_nov_2019_to_today_down_130_lbs_still_a_ways/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...