Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: SV: Progress 10 Days on VLCD 5.8kg (12.8lb) lost!!!

Friday, March 6, 2020

SV: Progress 10 Days on VLCD 5.8kg (12.8lb) lost!!!

I must in good conscience say that if you are attempting something like this please do so under medical supervision.

I was recently given the ok from my doctor to go on a VLCD (very low calorie diet) for 3 weeks as a way to kick start my diet before gradually transitioning to healthy meals over an additional 3 weeks. I was very motivated to break old habits of snacking on unhealthy foods throughout the day and am trying to 'reset' my appetite. My official start date is 25 February 2020

My doctor was particularly concerned about how rapidly I had gained the weight 35kg (almost 80lbs) over 2 years following a bad breakup. I also have a history of binge eating disorder so have been doing a lot of work in building healthier habits. My goal is to get below 95kg (210lbs) before my law school graduation at the end of May.

So far I have just been using OptiSlim Diet shakes (similar to any other diet shake brand you can think of), supplementing with 75g whey protein isolate per day to prevent losing too much muscle mass. For my third shake of the day I also have a cup of leafy or steamed green vegetables.

The first few days were very tough but after that it got much easier. I have personally found these shakes to be super easy after finding other programmes just weren't for me (i.e. Noom). I don't have to think about what I am going to eat and the initial results have been a major motivation boost.

I started at 108kg and am down to 102.2kg in 10 days. 5.8kg lost! (Yes, the first 2 or 3 kg were probably water weight but I'm taking the win!) Hoping to be under 100kg in the next couple of weeks.

I am eating 800-1000 calories a day at the moment which I know is hardly anything, but it will only be short term before I transition to about 1500-1700 calories.

Has anyone else here done any similar sort of program? I am most scared of the transition back to regular food. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/ProPapaya
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/feb5z2/sv_progress_10_days_on_vlcd_58kg_128lb_lost/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...