Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Freshman minus 7!

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Freshman minus 7!

I know losing 7 pounds (in 5 months) is a really really tiny and inconsequential amount compared to most posts here, but I feel like I've proven something to myself nevertheless.

In middle school, I was borderline anorexic and painfully thin (5'0, 88 pounds). But after I recovered, I was so terrified of fixating on weight, that I just ignored it and let myself gain more and more slowly throughout high school. I don't think I was actually ever classified as overweight (5'3, 135 pounds max) but I hated the persistent upward trend. Always getting too big for my pants and bras. I was terrified the "freshman 15" would hit and things would get out of hand, especially since my college is like #1 in the U.S for food, hah.

So, this year, I decided to start working out a few times a week and to eat less (two meals a day with some snacks as opposed to eating every 3 hours) to try and very gradually lose weight without triggering the disordered eating, and it's worked! Now I'm 128 pounds and depending on muscle gain, will try to lose 3-8 more. I feel like I've almost found the healthy middle ground between obsessing over my weight and ignoring it completely :)

submitted by /u/AnnikaHope
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fdsz2z/freshman_minus_7/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...