Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Male age 22 - Is 1700 calories too little for someone who has over 80lbs of fat to loose?

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Male age 22 - Is 1700 calories too little for someone who has over 80lbs of fat to loose?

Im 5'11 turning 23 in November...in the summer of 2019 i was 270lbs, I looked horrible and felt horrible. I decided to loose weight and after a grueling year and a half my progress came to a halt due to lockdowns and whatnot. I started quarantine at 190lbs and I had a painfully average soft body but I wasn't unhealthy. I probably could've lost 20-30lbs before I started to see actual abs. (Having abs was and is my goal)... After a new relationship, long quarantine and lots of poor health choices during this pandemic. I've managed to get myself to be 270 pounds again, the pain has come back, my testosterone has plummeted again and I hate myself for what I've let happen.

I belive about 5-15lbs of this added weight might be muscle because I have continued to lift and progress with heavy weights (currently doing 5/3/1) and I don't look as fat in the face as I did back in 2019 however my hair is much longer so maybe it's an illusion.

My question is this:

Since I'm at the very least carrying an extra 80-100lbs of fat is it a poor decision to eat less than recommended?

Everywhere I look says start at 2400 calories however years of yoyo diets have trashed my metabolism and I find that the rate of fat loss at 2400 calories is at most a lb per week and at this point in my journey I think it's reasonable given the amount of 1% loss per week to be atleast loosing close to 3lbs (2.7lbs but im rounding up because water weight)

To summarize how low do you think I can go for calories? Can I do the 800? 1200? 1500? 1700? I know doctors will sometimes give obese people (which I think I technically fall into that category) a month of 800cals and then slowly increase by 100 calories a week until I get to 1700. As long as I'm loosing minimum 1% I'm happy. What does everyone think of this?

submitted by /u/qpwoeirutyaldkdjfhg
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pbqwar/male_age_22_is_1700_calories_too_little_for/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...