Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Miscalculation Story

Monday, March 1, 2021

Miscalculation Story

TL;DR: Try actually counting calories for anything 'home made' you or your family cook, you could be in for a shock. I thought I was too smart to make that mistake.

So I've been here before. I was at 220 at my highest, and at my lowest, I reached about 153, I was doing ok. I reached a plateau that lasted for a while, frustratingly so. I eventually reverted to eating junk food and not exercising. I've gone up to 184 now. However, good news, today is my first day doing CICO again, yay! I cooked my usual lunch of chili for the week, and decided out of curiosity, let's try and calculate roughly how many calories are in each serving. So I added up all the nutrition info for the ingredients, divided it by the number of cups yielded, and I kinda freaked out.

Each serving was a little over double the calories I thought it was. I used to think each cup was 225 calories, when in reality, each cup was about 450. And I eat two cups at a time, so that's about an extra 500 calories over what I thought I was eating.

I was losing at a rate of 1 pound per week, then I wasn't. Since I was otherwise calculating my calories correctly, that means the undercalculation of calories in the chili was exactly enough to bring me to maintenance, instead of in a deficit. No wonder I stopped losing weight!

On one hand, while I'm really angry that such a simple problem caused so much stress before, I'm also excited, because if I managed to make great progress before the plateau, I can only imagine what my progress will be like now, with an accurate calorie count!

Maybe this time instead of getting stuck at 153, I can actually get cut.

Don't be like me, actually measure all of your ingredients instead of just estimating or eyeballing.

submitted by /u/ctbpdx
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lvqjfa/miscalculation_story/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...