Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: When your doctor doesn't just tell you to lose weight as a fix-all solution.

Monday, March 1, 2021

When your doctor doesn't just tell you to lose weight as a fix-all solution.

Lately my feet and ankles have been in a whole lot of pain, in fact I briefly lost feeling in my right foot for a couple hours last month. People have been telling me left and right to lose some weight and it'll go away.

I used to weigh much more this with no problems, so I went to my doctor for her opinion. X-rays showed nothing, blood sugar was normal, pulse was a little high but that's normal for me. Some of her theories is that my body is trying to warn me I'm approaching diabetes (it does run in the family) or perhaps there's a vein somewhere not functioning properly.

Throughout the visit she never once suggested losing weight in fact over the years that I've had her she never even mentioned it. I decided to ask myself.

"At best weightloss will lessen the pain because there will be less weight and pressure on your feet, but it won't magically fix what is causing it."

She suggested that if I was serious about losing weight I should try alternating between low/zero carbs and moderate carbs, and regular exercise and if I or a friend has a pool that would be an ideal place to start. But in the meantime she wanted me to monitor my blood sugar and referred me for a venogram.

submitted by /u/221CBakerStreet
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lvoj4f/when_your_doctor_doesnt_just_tell_you_to_lose/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...