Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I'd like to brag a little.

Thursday, December 26, 2019

I'd like to brag a little.

I've been lurking here for awhile and I have something I super proud of and would like to be boastful of, so I hope that's okay. I'm the youngest of 5 kids, 4 of us women. When I was 22-23, I notice my sisters (26, 29, and 42 respectively) were....ahem...."rounding out". My sisters were all heartbreakers in their teens and early 20s with svelte, hourglass figures (I had seen the pictures of my eldest sister). However, as they got into their mid-to-late 20s and onwards, I noted that they were putting on weight quickly and with less shape. My mother was also very svelte in her younger days and at 62 been struggling with her weight for yeara

At the time I basically binged liters of cola, pints of Rocky road, and other trash panda foods and barely worked out. Something clicked for me though looking at my sisters and I realized my fast metabolism wasn't going to last longer than a few more years, and if I didn't change my habits, I would end up struggling with my weight like they did.

I quit sugary, processed foods. I took up physical classes at my local community college like swimming and yoga, got more into swing dancing, got more into cooking, started cutting sugar in recipes by at least 1/3rd, if not half, and making my own sweets when I wanted them. I got down a 15-minute morning workout routine to do every day, first thing when I got up, regardless if it was a physical exertion day or not.

10 years later: I haven't gained a pound. I've gone through muscle/fat fluctuations as I've been more relaxed/more strict with my workouts, but my healthy habits that I took on 10 years ago are well engrained and now just how my body likes to be. I don't like sugary things, they make me nauseous; if I'm served a lot of food, I rarely want to eat more than half of it. My food cravings are almost always for veggies, rarely for sugary or processed foods.

My sisters struggled (and continue to even more after having kids) with their weight and their health over the past decade and I just feel super proud of myself for managing to not get stuck in the same cycle as them.

submitted by /u/squirrel-bait
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/eg3872/id_like_to_brag_a_little/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...