Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Light Bulb Moment

Monday, July 5, 2021

Light Bulb Moment

Not having a great day, but I'm proud I went to the grocery store and stuck to my list instead of buying whatever because I was feeling a bit down. As I was queuing to pay (6 feet apart and all that) I had a good view on what everyone else was buying, and I suddenly realized that what people normally eat is what I consider yuck food I only have on bad days? Like nobody was buying vegetables. I saw two salads and some tomatoes, that was it. Lots of people had sugary cereals, sweets, ready meals, whatever. Basically the only people buying real ingredients were 70+yo women.

And I mean, I'm not judging because we're all overworked and stressed and kinda sad sometimes, but it made me feel a bit better about myself and the choices I'm making. I'm still not sure how everyone else seems to eat that way and stay thin (possibly they don't eat a lot, skip meals, are marathon runners?), but I do believe in more than calories - that the food you eat creates your gut flora and regulates your hormones and keeps you healthy and stuff, so seeing this today sorta flipped my perspective a little: when I'm doing bad, I'm basically an average person. And when I'm doing good, I'm treating my body with more kindness than most people out there, which will hopefully minimize my risk of getting sick or disabled growing old. So I'll try to forgive myself for this bad day today instead of obsessing over what I did wrong, and start fresh tomorrow.

submitted by /u/Peak-Bubbly
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oee8pb/light_bulb_moment/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...