Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Is walking as effective as other exercises?

Monday, July 5, 2021

Is walking as effective as other exercises?

So, because of my studies, I unfortunately don't have time to do proper cardio youtube workouts. I was doing jump rope since a week ago but from yesterday it's been a little tough to do. I discovered to opt for walking instead because it's sustainable and easy for me to do whenever. So, I had a few questions: (Details: 54kg for 151 cm. My TDEE at sedentary is 1503 calories and BMR is 1253 calories. Goal weight is about 45kg) So, since my BMR is 1253 calories, these are the calories I'm burning without doing anything. So my current plan was to consume less than this, and try to also incorporate walking. Walking is easy because I can pop on my headphones and walk around in my own room with a step counter app. Today I did 5000 steps, which burned 140 kcal on 3.4 km, according to my Samsung Health app. My plan is to increase the steps by 1000 per day. I was wondering that;

  1. Will 5000 - 10,000 steps help me lose weight? Because tbh, I've never heard someone recommend it. So is it underrated, or is it just not as efficient. If I'm planning to do 10,000 steps for a month, along with a deficit, am I looking at like, 5 kgs loss or less? In the 5000 steps I did today, I obviously didn't sweat as much as jump rope or youtube cardio workout, but my legs were shaking for a good 5 mins after I sat down. And I did sweat quite a bit.

  2. Since I'm doing indoor walking, is it any different from normal walking? I mean the steps I'm taking are of the same speed, not much different. Just more turns because of the short area. Would walking workouts be any more efficient or can I just stick to my brisk walking?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

submitted by /u/SadAirplane
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oefz2m/is_walking_as_effective_as_other_exercises/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...