Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How long does water retention last?

Friday, July 2, 2021

How long does water retention last?

I started exercising for a month ago and added small dumbbells about 2-3 weeks ago but the scale hasn’t moved. I’ve even gained 2 pounds the last two weeks. I weigh all of my food so I know I’m at a calorie deficit. I eat about 1350 calories a day. I started exercising because I was in a plateau and thought it would help if I started doing HIIT.

I do Cardio HIIT every other day for 30 minutes, and days that I don’t do HIIT, I do arm workouts using my dumbbells. I know that new exercise can cause me to remain the same or even gain weight, but I just don’t know if my new routine is working. I’m 25F, and currently weigh 184lbs. I also eat about 80g to 110g of protein a day to help keep me full throughout the day.

Should I lower my calories to 1200? I’ve tried upping my calories to 1600 but I maintained and didn’t lose weight at all (my TDEE is 1875). Eating under 1200 calories seems to be the only time I lose weight. This is also why I added workouts so I can try and eat more.

It just seems so frustrating because everyone mentions how I’m starving myself at 1200 calories, that I should eat more to lose weight, which I did and nothing is happening. Added exercise and still nothing…

submitted by /u/Kati1998
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oco3zq/how_long_does_water_retention_last/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...