Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Not knowing my end goal makes me a bit sad sometimes.

Thursday, October 1, 2020

Not knowing my end goal makes me a bit sad sometimes.

Today I celebrated losing 63 pounds and the first goal I set for myself 6 months ago as what I pictured would be my healthy weight, 180 lbs. Now my new “end” goal is 160 lbs.

Mentally, it’s a wearing me a bit because each month for the past 4 months I’ve pushed my goal back 5 lbs. I can’t tell if I’m being cruel and moving the goalposts on myself (and more importantly losing too much) or if I’m just being less and less naive about how fat I was (or still am).

I’ve tried estimating my body fat and comparing images of myself but I really just have no idea what I’m doing or where I’m at. This is only exacerbated by family members telling me “I can’t imagine you losing 20 more lbs being healthy.” It’s not like I haven’t done my research or at least tried. As a 5’11 20 y.o. male, 160 lbs is a completely normal weight. But I am a software engineer so maybe my up-until-recently sedentary lifestyle has depleted the muscle I had from being an active lacrosse and football player in high school.

Honestly, I just have so many doubts in my mind now that I’m getting ever closer to my “end” goal. With the biggest question probably being “will I be happy with how I look in the mirror by the end of all this?” Part of me wants to just say fuck it and push all the way through, and the other part of me just wants to give up after working so hard for a goal only for it to be moved.

Maybe some of you can relate and share some tips from experience, or just tell me if this is a really bad mental attitude and how I should change it.

submitted by /u/brobruhbrehbrah
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/j3p7hm/not_knowing_my_end_goal_makes_me_a_bit_sad/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...