Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Finally joined this community instead of sometimes hopping on...would love some input

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Finally joined this community instead of sometimes hopping on...would love some input

Hi all :) 17, almost 18F here who is working hard to rebuild a healthy relationship with food and weight. I am not there, but taking each day as it comes.

Without the intention of trying to seek genuine medical advice (I am willing to work with a dietitian/nutritionist if needed), I wanted to briefly get some input on a current goal weight/weight range, as the extent of what I know is your average person’s knowledge of aspects of nutrition and fitness! Definitely not well versed in body composition and the role your genetics play and all that, and I thought this community might include people that are or people that can let me know if it’d be best to take my questions to a professional.

Basically, my current GW range is between 110 and 130lbs: 130 knowing that it’s probably more sustainable for me and 110 as an ideal, but kind of arbitrary number I’ve had in mind. I have a muscular build and probably have more muscle mass than most girls my age (speculation). I probably carry most weight in my legs. Plugging my stats into the US Navy Body Fat Estimate Calculator, I got the following:

Weight: 142lbs / Height: 5’4 Waist (26in), Hips (35in), Neck (12in) Body fat: 22% / Fat Mass 31% / Lean Mass 111 lbs

With those stats, it estimates that amount of lbs I can lose from fat alone are 31lbs, but that would account for ALL of my body’s fat (no?), meaning I can’t get below 120s to 130s without risking poor health or a lot of work and maintenance? Can anyone answer: - the “healthy” body fat percentage for a woman? - as I eat in a deficit and lose fat, would I see a loss in muscle at some point? (I know the many factors like if you’re working out vs not using them) - that arbitrary number I gave is likely coming from still not accepting my body type. Any women with more athletic builds here that have struggled accepting your body?

I really appreciate it, and I promise I’m proceeding with caution and prioritizing eating well :)) was just curious as to what this sub thought because I love hearing people’s experiences and learning more about our bodies and nutrition

submitted by /u/creeddthoughtsdotgov
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ji7fty/finally_joined_this_community_instead_of/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...