Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How do you cope with people who question your weight loss?

Sunday, September 27, 2020

How do you cope with people who question your weight loss?

Hello all! 28 y.o. female here.

I started this jouney a few months ago, when I was obese class 2 (BMI was 35.2 then). I've just recently turned overweight, not obese anymore, but I still have a BMI of 29.4, so I'm really far from being skinny!

But my mother-in-law, who has actually always been a good mother-in-law, can't stop talking about my weight loss, and not in a positive manner. She doesn't stop saying I must be starving myself and I'm actually damaging my body. Mind you, she wants me to eat cake and fried foods to prove otherwise, because they must eat a lot of cake and grease everyday in order to believe they are fed.

The whole family is thin, so no, it's not them being jealous.

But now I'm even frightened of meeting that part of the family, because all they talk about is my new "unhealthy" habits, and how it scares them to see me so "much thinner", and they can't stop trying to make me stop my weight loss. So they question my eating choices about twenty times a day, and each time I will explain my diet and they will appear to accept it, only to start it all again minutes later with them questioning my diet exactly the same way they did before, and with the same arguments I had already patiently replied to.

Dieting is so hard and it takes a lot of motivation, but they are taking my motivation away. Besides, this non-stop talk is leaving me mentally ill and I don't what to do to cope with this. I can't avoid crying any day I see them now.

For example, yesterday my MIL and her sister were discussing my diet right on front of me, as if it's up for them to decide or solve it, and her sister told me about a morbidly obese guy who lost weight and gained it all again, so my diet was pointless. I was left speechless...

I know they didn't have a chance to have an education, that they don't even know what nutrients are, and especially that they just want what's best for me, but I just can't take ir anymore. After being with them I can't even sleep at night, but seeing them less is not an option.

How do you cope with this, and how do you think I can stay motivated after seeing this part of the family?

submitted by /u/spigl
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/j0mzxc/how_do_you_cope_with_people_who_question_your/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...