Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I fucked up while hiking today

Saturday, September 26, 2020

I fucked up while hiking today

TLDR: I fucked up while hiking today and had to sit down in the middle of the trail to keep from passing out. If you're going to be doing something strenuous, make sure you're eating enough to support yourself!

I made a couple of big mistakes today, and I was lucky that everything turned out okay, but I wanted to post about it just to remind other people to keep an eye on their limits and make sure to keep well-fed and hydrated. I didn't realize anything was wrong until I was nearly back. I sat down on the side of the trail to rest for a minute on the last steep section and suddenly my ears were ringing and I started seeing black spots. I moved off of the rock I was on and into the middle of the trail and just sat there with my head between my knees trying to decide if I needed to call 911, but by this point I don't think I would have been able to actually make the phone call on my own.

Eventually the dizziness passed and I was able to focus again. I thought it might have been heatstroke for a minute (and if it had been I definitely should have called 911), but the symptoms didn't seem right for that - no nausea or vomiting, no chills. I felt surprisingly okay, just weak. I grabbed a bag of sweet trail mix out of my pack and just started shoving handfuls of cashews and chocolate into my face.

Usually when I'm hiking, I'll stop at some point for lunch, have a protein bar and some jerky. But I'd eaten all my protein bars over the summer and hadn't stocked up again, and the rest of my food was pretty salty. I'd had about an ounce of jerky and some Smartfood, but that had been it. It definitely wasn't enough to keep me going on a hike like the one I was on.

After eating about half of the bag of trail mix, I felt well enough to keep going - slowly, and with plenty of rests. I finished the rest of my water and filled up again at a public rest facility on my way back to my car, then sat down in the shade in front of the water fountains and ate more trail mix until my hands stopped shaking and I felt ready to handle the last half mile to my car.

submitted by /u/GoldenApplePies
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/j0iu5o/i_fucked_up_while_hiking_today/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...