Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I had an epiphany today.

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

I had an epiphany today.

A weird thing happened to me today. It’s weird because I have been on and off dieting all my life. It’s something I know, but never actually paused and really thought about it.

Backstory: I’ve never been crazy overweight, and I do hit my goals eventually. Just never on target or even close to target. I’m what you would call a wheel spinner. 2 steps forward, 4 steps back. “Ok I’ll make up for it” mentality. 4 steps forward, 2 steps back. The cycle goes on and on until I eventually, and very stressfully - hit the goal.

I don’t know why just now after all these years this simple and very obvious fact dawned on me.

As I was plowing down around 5,000 calories on my cheat day Sunday, here I go again. “I’ll make up for this during the week.” And I do... but I lose 3 days of progress making up for my temporary pleasurable decision. I won’t be making progress again until Thursday. This is where the epiphany set in.

I can keep eating and eating and just put days and days of progress behind me... But on my best diet day, hell even if I fasted and had a long gruesome workout, the best I could do is maybe get 1 day back.

And that’s it. Obvious I know, but I have no idea how I never paused to think about it this way.

Thank you for listening.

TLDR; Became very aware that your worst cheat days will always be better than your best diet days.

submitted by /u/maybe-yeah
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/j2djlb/i_had_an_epiphany_today/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...