Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My scale doesn't budge until I take a cardio break - then I get a whoosh. Why?

Sunday, September 27, 2020

My scale doesn't budge until I take a cardio break - then I get a whoosh. Why?

Hi everyone, I've noticed a weird thing happening and I'm curious as to whether someone can give me some insight as to why this is happening.

For reference, I'm F29, 5'10, SW 230, CW 189.4, eating 1300 calories per day.

At the start of lockdown I started with CICO and daily cardio. I actually moved my office to my home gym, and I've been in the habit of working while using my spin bike - I've been averaging three hours of moderate-intensity spinning every day, often more, sometimes a little less. I make sure to get in my cardio every day, with maybe 1-2 days every month where something comes up and I flake on it. I've been losing 2lbs per week since April.

The longest I'll go without cycling is three days every month or so when my brother comes to visit and I want to hang out with him so I don't bother working out...whatever, yolo.

For the past several months, I've noticed that my scale will *refuse* to move for weeks on end, six weeks being my longest plateau. What always breaks the plateau is my brother's visits when I'll continue to eat at a deficit, but I won't work out. Then I'll have a crazy whoosh that matches up perfectly to the weight I should have been losing the whole time - so if it's been three weeks since my last weekend-long break, my scale will drop 6lbs. If it's been six weeks, the scale will drop 12lbs, etc.

So I'm not super concerned about the constant plateau/whoosh cycle, as I seem to be on track regardless of the scale's pace. I'm just really curious as to why my weight doesn't drop until I've had that long break from working out. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I also drink a shit ton of water if it makes a difference. I shoot for 3-4 liters every day!

submitted by /u/PM_Me_Thine_Genital
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/j0ky9c/my_scale_doesnt_budge_until_i_take_a_cardio_break/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...