Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Struggling with weight gain and bloating after surgery

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Struggling with weight gain and bloating after surgery

Not sure where to post this but just feeling really defeated today and could use some kind words or support.

I had been having stomach pains for months and seen a few doctors about it, but nothing helped. Wednesday night I had what was probably the most intense pain in my life in my stomach and went to the ER. It ended up being gallstone pancreatitis and I had to have a few procedures done and my gallbladder removed.

I was in the hospital for 4 days and got home today. Despite being not able to eat or drink anything for 3 days, I somehow managed to gain 20lbs. I know this is due to swelling, fluids, the surgery, etc. But I broke into tears looking at myself and my body in the mirror. I look pregnant, and can only wear my largest sweatpants.

I know this swelling will go down eventually (hopefully) and it's only been a day since my surgery. And I know this will help with the stomach problems I've been having. But I can't help but feel discouraged and upset about gaining so much weight so quickly. I've worked so hard to lose weight and focus on my health this year. But the pain, lack of mobility, and my gigantic stomach makes me feel like I'm back at square one.

submitted by /u/ignoremeforscience
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/j11tzl/struggling_with_weight_gain_and_bloating_after/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...