Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: [Question] How to get enough protein as a mostly vegetarian/ pescatarian?

Saturday, September 26, 2020

[Question] How to get enough protein as a mostly vegetarian/ pescatarian?

I’m 26, female, about 5’4 and 145 lbs. For a while now I’ve been aiming to get 50-80 grams of protein a day but I’ve recently come to realize that this might not be enough, especially as I’m aiming to put on muscle.

It’s challenging because the only meat I eat is fish and I can’t afford to buy fresh fish all the time. I eat canned tuna and sardines, but it gets very boring and monotonous, plus with bigger fish like tuna I worry about mercury.

I feel like as a short-ish woman it’s challenging to meet my protein goals while keeping my calories at or under 1500. I guess I’m going to start aiming for 120 grams of protein a day. Does that seem right? I read somewhere that one gram per lb of your goal weight should be good.

Sorry this is rambly. Just hoping for some advice, insights, or personal experience.

submitted by /u/sigzag1994
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/j0l2a6/question_how_to_get_enough_protein_as_a_mostly/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...