Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Gaining weight again. Frustrated and could use advice.

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Gaining weight again. Frustrated and could use advice.

For a little background, I am a 6'1, 25 year old man with a generally large body frame. I started the keto diet in 2017 at 280lbs and over the course of about 10 months I dropped to 185lbs. I won't say I did this in the healthiest way possible, though. There was a lot of self shaming and extreme calorie restriction towards the end that made me lose almost any muscle mass that I had. Even during that time I still felt like I was too heavy and wanted to keep losing more weight, cutting down to less than 1000 calories a day. I noticed the only time I ever saw a positive image of myself is when I was basically starving. It wasn't until I started seeing a personal trainer that I realized how unhealthy I really was. After about a year and a half of training and regular eating I was much stronger and physically capable, but up to about 200lbs. I think that is a very healthy weight for me given my body type and my history of weight gain and I was actually very happy there.

Today I am up to 216lbs and struggling very hard to control my eating. On the one hand, I am very happy with my progress in terms of weight lifting and I want to keep getting stronger, but to do that I have to eat regularly and the correct way. On the other hand I still want to lose body fat and slim down, which requires very strict dieting. This is a very achievable goal but unfortunately I feel that there is a third hand. I want to eat everything. I think about food constantly and I have always had this issue. I started using body building as a convenient excuse for eating more and it spun out of control to the point where I am now in a cycle where I feel guilty for eating too much, get back onto a regular diet plan for up to two weeks, start to feel better about myself and fall back into my eating habits.

I know I am capable of losing the weight, but unfortunately the way that I've done it in the past isn't healthy and I feel it will undo the progress I've made in the way of fitness. Basically what I'm asking is if anyone has any advice on controlling appetite in a healthy way that can get my mind off the constant desire to eat.

submitted by /u/SteckOnDeck
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fuogij/gaining_weight_again_frustrated_and_could_use/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...