Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 2020 is going to be different. It has to.

Thursday, December 26, 2019

2020 is going to be different. It has to.

Something Dave Ramsey says all the time kind of clicked with me the other day... When somebody questions whether or not to pay off their house, he tells them that if they end up regretting it, they can always go get another mortgage and go back into debt. I was thinking about how the same principle applies to taking control of my health.

I'm 36 and I've struggled with my weight for my entire adult life. I was an athlete in high school, graduating when I was 16.5 years old and 175 pounds. From there, I gained weight through college and adulthood and I can't remember the last time I kept my weight under 300 pounds consistently.

For the last 15 years, my life has felt like a series of attempts to be good and falls off the wagon. I'll have a little success, and then I'll have a bad day. That bad day ruins my week, which ruins my month, which leads to long periods of binge eating and feeling like garbage.

The thing is, I know what to do. I know that the most important component of taking control of my health is my diet. I know that I don't have to be perfect, but I do have to be consistent. I know that exercise is important, especially because I know that for me consistency in one area breeds consistency in other areas.

I'm going into 2020 telling myself that I want to see what I can accomplish if I maintain discipline for a year. I know there will be bumps in the road, and that's okay. And like Dave Ramsey says... if I hate the changes in my life, it'll be easy to get back to where I am now.

submitted by /u/vision_for_2020
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/eg42oy/2020_is_going_to_be_different_it_has_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...