Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What do I do if I have no willpower or discipline whatsoever?

Thursday, April 2, 2020

What do I do if I have no willpower or discipline whatsoever?

I'm so upset. I'm at about 250 lbs right now and my goal weight is 180. 5' 10" 21 year old male.

Every time I try to lose weight, eat healthier, etc. I feel completely POWERLESS against myself. I eat what I want no matter what. If I don't buy snacks or unhealthy foods when I grocery shop it doesn't matter, I'll drive to the store to buy them (yes even during the COVID-19 crisis), or go to a fast food restaurant to satisfy the urge. If I say I'm not gonna eat fast food anymore I'll get it anyway. I have apps on my phone for McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell and Domino's and if I uninstall those apps to try to stop myself I'll reinstall them when I want the food and order it anyway. If I organize my money in such a way that I can't buy junk food I'll break my rules and get it anyway.

I just have no discipline or self control whatsoever. I'll eat an entire pizza or cake, or 3 king size candy bars whatever. Even if the entire time I'm mentally screaming at myself I'll do it anyway. I have sat in the car, white knuckled the steering wheel and audibly screamed and then gone through the fast food drive thru anyway. I have no control over myself at all, it's like a different person.

I know it's a character problem because it doesn't just apply to food. With compulsive spending, exercise, drinking, chores, studies, etc I have no discipline, self control whatever you wanna call it. I don't know how people do it. I will have a pint of ice cream that I say I'll only have a few spoonfuls of a day but literally cry as I eat the entire thing in 10 minutes. My body is in control, not my mind. Like I said it goes with other things. Cleaning the house? Or I could just not and that'd be way easier. Buying random shit on Amazon when I'm saving up for a car and I know that's a horrible idea? You bet I'll do it. Eat a pint of ice cream, a big Mac and large fry from McDonald's and a liter of coke? Of course.

I don't know what the problem is. Impulse control, discipline, self control, motivation, whatever you wanna call it I have none. I give into instant gratification no matter what the situation is. I can't fight it, it just happens. I try to give it all the energy I possibly have and I can't resist.

I don't know what to do. My body says to eat fat and sugar by the boatload and I can't resist. I try to give it everything I can and I just can't say no. I can't fight it, it's too strong. I feel like I will absolutely never lose weight or be healthy.

submitted by /u/RedWhiteBlacknBlue
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ftkm94/what_do_i_do_if_i_have_no_willpower_or_discipline/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...