Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I don't see much difference in my body despite losing weight and I need some help figuring out the reason

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

I don't see much difference in my body despite losing weight and I need some help figuring out the reason

Hello all!

(this got long so tldr: Don't see much difference in body despite losing 30lbs, could loss of muscle due to low protein intake be responsible? And could carb intake somehow share blame in this as well?)

I started my diet (counting my calories) in the beginning of January. I've lost 30lbs so far. (24F/5'2/SW219CW189GW140-ish)

The issue is that I'm not seeing much of a change in my body. My worst area is my stomach, I carry all of my fat there. I'm looking at my before and after pics and I honestly don't see much of a difference. My SO and my friends are telling my my face got slimmer but I don't see that either. 30lbs is a lot and I'm just scratching my head wondering where I dropped that weight from.

So that has led me to thinking I'm losing way more muscle than I should. I also recently realized I have a problem with consuming enough protein. So my question is could losing too much muscle be the reason for not noticing a difference even though I've lost quite a bit of weight?

A little more details: I am doing cico (1200cal) and I decided in the beginning to track my calories by week and not by day. Apart from a week in February where I averaged 1500 a day I've been at 1200/day for three months. I don't work out but I'm planning to start soon.

Compared to before I'm also eating healthier but not perfectly healthy. I also quite a bit of carbs. I would probably get downvoted for this alone but I can't live without them. When I was starting cico I read that carbs don't really satiate you so I tried to lower my carbs and ate lots of protein/fat heavy things but I was hungry all day and just wanted a slice of bread. (could be cultural as bread is the holy grail in my country lol) I'm sharing my carbs eating habits because I also want to know if it impacts my weight loss in any way or if it could be the reason for me not noticing a difference in my body.

As I said I also struggle getting enough protein. I barely reach 30g currently and am planning on buying some protein powder soon to help with that. Before this I'd say I ate maybe 20g a day which I realize is very low.

Thanks for making it this far!

submitted by /u/celerycakes
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fteqoi/i_dont_see_much_difference_in_my_body_despite/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...