Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Exhausted when going back to previous caloric restriction?

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Exhausted when going back to previous caloric restriction?

I did a 1100-1200 calorie diet to lose my first half of weight and took a few breaks in between. This was mainly because I was simply not that hungry and I had a good amount of energy and concentration on this intake. However I am finding it harder and harder to stay at 1200, despite finding it easy before. I'm much more hungry, food obsessed, and exhausted even though I should have a lower TDEE since I weigh less and have been at the same activity level.

Is this something that is normal and that I should push through? I'm 5'4 at around 130lbs and have plateaued for around 2 months (partly because I took a few weeks of break after losing around 30lbs) When I eat around 1200-1300 I feel heavily fatigued and foggy, to the point where all I want to do is lie around and sleep.

I get around 9-10 hours of sleep, and have gotten all normal blood tests back. I walk as exercise daily but don't do much else, as exercising always makes me painfully hungry and overeat.

I decided to relax yesterday and eat around 1800-1900 and was filled with energy. I was much more active and felt like I could focus on my schoolwork better. I felt pretty good in the morning today too, but I'm starting to feel exhausted again.

I'm mainly just nervous about eating too much and making no progress. I feel like I've been dieting on and off for several years mainly because I always underestimate how much I eat and end up with very little to no deficit. At least with 1200 I have a buffer up to around maybe 1400-1500 and can still lose weight.

TL:DR: Is it normal to not be able to sustain the same restriction calories at a lower weight? And is extreme fatigue inevitable in dieting? Thanks.

submitted by /u/sorryahaha
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fteptx/exhausted_when_going_back_to_previous_caloric/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...