Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My progress so far - With a results picture

Friday, October 1, 2021

My progress so far - With a results picture

I hope this will motivate others, as other stories have motivated me. (sorry, my English isn't perfect. It's not my native language)

MEALS

So somewhere at the start of the month, I decided to begin on my journey. I weighed around 87kg back then and was climbing quickly. I decided I no longer wished to be the fat guy. So I started on limiting my calories (1000-1200 a day). I cut all sugary snacks out (except on cheat day, then I allow myself a treat) and replaced them with things of lower calories (fruits, veggies, etc). Quickly I realized this wasn't working for me. I had insane cravings and felt like I was starving. To wrap things up, after some trial and error I found that high protein works amazingly well. I start my day off with a banana and a small cup of low-fat yogurt, that keeps me good till lunch. At mid-day, I eat high protein like chicken breast. With that, I always have some cucumbers and cherry tomatoes on the side to make the meal less boring. Somewhere between lunch and dinner, I eat an apple or a pear or something. The evening meal I found the hardest to control since I do not live alone. To limit the calorie intake, I stick to once again to protein-rich things or things that I find very filling.

EXERCISE

Never liked doing it. But I've grown to like it. Daily I ride my bike an hour, half an hour to work, and half an hour back. I've been doing this since I started working there a few years ago. So nothing changed there.
I started off by doing some push-ups and running. I very quickly dropped the running, I just think it's so boring and not worth my time. I expanded upon my workout at home. It rather quickly became a 60min workout of push-ups, skater lunges, weight exercises, squats, and more.

I quickly realized that once you do it a few days in a row, it becomes a habit that's hard to stop. I also realized that my form improves every day, especially with the push-ups. Lastly, I like to note that I think I've grown some muscles. My body feels firmer if that makes any sense. And my workouts have been getting easier especially since my third week.

I've seen a lot of debate that you should either do it a few times a week or every day. My conclusion in this mess of a subject is that you either go all out and do that a few days a week. Or you go a bit less, don't feel sore, and do it every day. I found the latter easier since it creates a daily habit and doesn't allow me to just 'do it tomorrow'.

RESULTS
I feel stronger, I feel better and I've lost some weight. I started on 87kg and am now at 83kg. My smart scale also points out that my body fat has dropped by quite a bit from 30% to 25%. However, I don't know how reliable that scale is. It's fun data though.

Here's my before and after. https://imgur.com/ANPzay1 The journey has just begun. But I'm glad about my progress so far.

Good luck everyone!

submitted by /u/Svyde_
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pz3tgl/my_progress_so_far_with_a_results_picture/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...