Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Tracking Question

Friday, September 3, 2021

Tracking Question

I'm moving house again soon to my own small place, no housemates to sabotage me with their takeaways and no weird co-dependant relationships. A reset! and I figured it was a good time to make some other changes and go back to calorie counting/tracking.

Initially as per advice I want to track what I'm eating but there have been other lifestyle choices over the last few years since I last seriously tracked that I'm a bit unsure of how to do it.

I took up cooking in March last year in the first lockdown and I love it. I almost exclusively use fresh ingredients, make my own fresh pasta and gnocchi etc. I love cooking it brings me a great sense of happiness and fulfilment. My question is how do I track it on something like My Fitness Pal?

Do I track each individual ingredient so like the Eggs and Flour (wholegrain, semolina, plain) in the pasta as I imagine this differs from the store bought dry or fresh pastas or do I try and find something already on there, do I need to weigh the pasta after I've made it?

If I'm using like fruit or vegetables should I weigh each one, do I need to weigh the portions of each meal I cook afterwards, it would usually be split into portions (still probably too big) or can I just divide the sum of the ingredients by how many portions.

Also stupid question by cooking the ingredients you obviously change the composition of the food could that change the calorie count in the final dish

I'm confused and probably overthinking it but any advice would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/K3stal
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ph0rzu/tracking_question/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...