Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: No progress with exercise + CICO. Help!

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

No progress with exercise + CICO. Help!

Please help!

I am 5"1' with a weight that fluctuates around 120-123lbs and a high body fat percentage.

For history, around 4 years ago I went from 130lbs to 115lbs (losing 15lbs total). I consistently went to the gym for 3 months but never really dieted. At that time I was a college freshman so cooking my own meals was hard. However, I was able to drop in weight which was nice. I still had a lot of body fat though.

I gained some weight throughout the years after that but not much (highest would be 125lbs). I feel like my body's set point is basically 120lbs (where I'm at right now). Currently, my goal is to lose FAT. I have been gymming for the past month (weight lifting and cardio) and eating in a caloric deficit. I eat around 1,200 calories. I do not include the calories I burn while at the gym so whether or not I go, I will only eat 1,200 calories. I have around 2 rest days a week and will still indulge in eating unhealthy if I go out with friends because I still want a social life and have a good balance. However, most of my week I eat fairly healthy (yogurt, salmon, chicken, brown rice, the usual). I'll try to eat about 60grams of protein a day. If I eat more than that I think I would honestly throw up. Since eating cleaner, the meals are much bigger at way less calories so I have to force myself to eat it all.

It's been a month and I have not lost any weight and my body fat percentage is still very high. I am gaining muscle but I have a really petite frame in general so I feel like it's relative. I do not mind the scale not going down because I assume it could be the muscle, water retention, whatever else it may be.. but the body fat not reducing is really disappointing.

Am I eating too little? Too much? Sometimes I find that when I go over my calorie deficit, I look smaller the next day still. Am I over-exercising? I do push my body too hard sometimes (will be really dizzy after the gym) but I'll just take it easy the next day..

I'm just confused because I was still able to lose weight by just exercising when I lost 15lbs. I know that I am smaller now but not by much. I even incorporated eating clean this time.

submitted by /u/mrsparklesss
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pgc3ym/no_progress_with_exercise_cico_help/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...