Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Long time reader, first time poster

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Long time reader, first time poster

Hey everyone. This is my second post on Reddit as I am more of a reader than a writer. However, it seems like after losing weight, body dysmorphia is pretty common, and I’d like to share an experience about it.

Long story short, I’m down about 100 pounds from January of last year. I’m at the lowest weight of my adult life at 195 pounds, just 15 pounds away from my goal. Today was a good day. The family and I went to a clothing store and I fit in a size medium light coat. This is huge because I was in a 3xl at my largest and probably haven’t fit into a medium since middle school. I wrapped up the day with a semi-healthy dinner and a workout and, then, it happened.

I had my shirt off, about to grab a towel to take a shower and my 6 year old daughter comes up to me and lifts up my stomach. She says, “You have a big stomach. It’s not supposed to hang down like this, it’s jiggly.” My wife went on to explain to her that, sometimes when losing weight, people keep excess skin. My daughter apologized and went on her way. I didn’t say anything. I go into the bathroom and look in the mirror. She’s right. I still see the big stomach and flabby skin and I feel completely detailed. I know she’s little and probably didn’t mean anything by what she said, and it’s silly that it even bugs me this badly but it does. Has anyone else run into this? I’m not happy with how my body looks because it’s still a work in progress, but I definitely felt like I was back to my old 300 pound self.

submitted by /u/adamsover9000
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/nor5oz/long_time_reader_first_time_poster/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...